Author(s): Dorling Kindersley Travel Staff
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this cultured and unique city.
Marvel at ancient treasures on Museum Island, explore Berlin's complex history at Checkpoint Charlie or walk in the footsteps of royalty at Schloss Charlottenburg- everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Berlin with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Berlin, 2019
- Over 35 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of the city and a map of the U-Bahn and S-Bahn, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layoutmakes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Berlin, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplansshow the inside of the Berliner Dom, the iconic Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedochtnis-Kirche, the Zeughaus and more
- Colour photographsof Berlin's historic sights, museums, churches, parks and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Unter den Linden, Museum Island, the east and north of the centre, Tiergarten, Kreuzberg, Kurf3rstendamm, Schloss Charlottenburg and beyond the city
- Historical and cultural contextgives you a richer travel experience- learn about the city's history, its architecture and the festivals that take place throughout the year
- Experience the culture with features on Berlin's best museums and galleries, its historic and modern architecture, and the city's best parks and gardens
-Essential travel tips- our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Berlin, 2019 is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Berlin.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning a short break? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Berlinguide.