Author(s): DK Travel Guide Staff
DK Eyewitness travel guides: award-winning guidebooks
Discover Southwest USA with this essential travel guide, designed to help you create your own unique trip and to transport you to the region before you've even packed your case - drive through the stunning landscapes, taking in the Grand Canyon, the Rocky Mountains and the red sandstone mesas of Monument Valley; taste the high life in Las Vegas; visit Spanish Colonial Mission churches; and explore the ancient ruins of Ancestral Puebloan civilizations. The DK Eyewitness Guide to Southwest USA and National Parks covers the must-see sights and the hidden gems, so you won't miss a thing.
* Gorgeous, all-new colour photography so you can imagine yourself there
* Reasons to love Southwest USA and National Parks: natural wonders, breathtaking landscapes, abandoned Native American cliff dwellings, old mining towns, the glamour of Las Vegas - what will yours be?
* See Southwest USA and National Parks from a different angle - 24 pages of fresh ideas for exploring the spectacular southwestern states of the USA
* A year-long calendar of events in Southwest USA and the National Parks gives a selection of sporting occasions, celebrations and festivals for all seasons
* Expert advice covers the practical stuff: get ready, get around and stay safe
* Detailed, colour maps help you navigate the region with ease
* Expert tips to make memories that last - where to snap and share the perfect photo, take in stunning views and which are the best scenic roads.
* The most authentic places to stay, eat, drink and shop
* Easy-to-follow walks and itineraries cover the whole region, with plenty of eat and drink stops en route
* Hand-drawn illustrations show the inside of the must-see attractions, including San Xavier del Bac Mission in Arizona and Carlsbad Caverns National Park in New Mexico
* Covers Arizona; Las Vegas; Southern Utah; The Four Corners; New Mexico
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Southwest USA and National Park is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you create your own unique trip.
On a shorter trip? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Las Vegas.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: For 25 years, DK's beautifully practical Eyewitness guides have been combining inspiring ideas and expert advice with easy-to-read maps and vivid photography to inform and enrich your holiday. This year they have been given a stunning new look that you will love even more. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.